Sum+it Tuition jobs
We are looking for Science, Geography, and English tutors who can teach either GCSE or A-level students.
Our students come from both public and private schools. They are given 1-2-1 lessons and a small proportion also take group lessons with a maximum group size of 5 students. All of our students travel to Farnborough, you must be able to commute to us.
- Must have prior tutoring experience
- Integrity is utmost important in this role - if a topic can be explained in 30 mins then the lesson must NOT be stretched. Move on to the next topic. Too often we have come across businesses who put profits ahead of Integrity, but we are different and this is one of our unique selling points in the market.
- Interpersonal skills are a key in ensuring that the students feel comfortable being able to speak their mind and ask questions.
- Must be able to explain any given topic from different perspectives and with examples, in order to ensure that the students fully understand the context.
- Helping students with note making techniques, learning techniques and critical thinking for exam preparation.
- DBS check will be carried out
- Have an understanding of the examination boards and able to identify difference in syllabus.
Salary: Negotiable, you will be paid as and when there is a class.
Job type: Part-time
Hours: Most of the classes take place during the evenings on weekdays or throughout the day on weekends. We will book the classes for you.
Please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to